Have you ever heard about sand painting? Sand painting is a rediscovered craft that has its origin in the greatest deserts of the world.
What you need to do while sand painting?
• Empty jars or containers
• Powdered tempera paints in a variety of colors
• Clean sand from a beach
• Paper, plastic, glue and popsicle stick
• Plastic spoon and a plastic tray
Steps to follow while sand painting
• Draw out any picture on paper. It would be advisable if you keep the picture as simple as possible.
• Once you are done with the drawing pour out some sand into an empty container.
• Select a color of powdered tempera and add just a little to dry the sand.
• If you need more vibrant colors you need to add more tempera to the sand.
• Once you are done with the color mixing part you can begin your sand painting.
• You need to paint one section at a time. First decide where the color is going, put an even layer of glue on the paper and pour some colored sand on to the glue using a plastic spoon.
• Repeat the above point until the entire paper is covered.
• Now that everything is done allow the sand painting to dry.
One of the most effective images to paint on sand would be landscape painting.
Sand painting is a peculiar form of art which is not so popular as compared to the other painting types. If you wish to learn the art of sand painting you could try on a sand painting book. There are number of online book stores that offer sand painting book for beginners as well as professional. This book contains step by step guidance and helps you to learn the art better.